Big Bang Explore: My idea challenge
The My Idea Challenge is an optional challenge that all visitors to the Big Bang Digital can enter online via email.
Rules, terms & conditions – My idea challenge
- The My idea challenge will launch Wednesday 23rd June and submissions will close Monday 30th Entries submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Entry to the challenge is open to students aged 11 - 19 studying / training in the UK only. Entries may come from individuals or teams (of any size) from the same educational institution or community group (e.g. Scouts / Guides).
- Entry to the challenge is via email submission only. Emails must be sent from adults aged 18 and over only. Entrants aged 18 and over must provide their initials, age and school/college/community group. Entrants under 18 must ask an adult to email their entry with entrant’s initials, age, school/college/community group and stating their relationship to the entrant. incomplete entries, or emails sent by entrants aged under 18, will not be accepted.
- Entries may be in the form of a picture, short video or description. Descriptions may be written into the email body and pictures / videos should be attached to the email. There should be no information identifying the student(s) at any time.
- Entries will be judged by the Big Bang team, according to the criteria set out on the Big Bang Explore activity resource on the Big Bang Digital platform: https://www.thebigbang.org.uk/big-bang-digital
- There will be up to 5 winning entries for the My idea challenge and the judges’ decision is final.
- Schools/community groups/families will be informed by email after the closing date if they have supported a winning entry.
- Students who submit a winning entry will receive a £100 Amazon voucher. If the winning entry is submitted by a team of students, they will share the voucher amongst their team. The school / community group of the winning students will also receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
- Winning entries may be shared online and on social media channels, you will be contacted to check for permission if you are successful.
- The Big Bang Team reserves the right to revise these rules and regulations at any time. Should it be necessary to do so, the Big Bang Team will make every effort to communicate any changes to interested parties as quickly as possible.