How we use your information
We need to collect information from you to ensure that we:
- are doing things well, and
- can meet our objective to inspire and inform young people about engineering careers.
Our Tomorrow’s Engineers Programme, which includes the Robotics Challenge and Energy Quest, is run by EngineeringUK. Under our subsidiary company and brand Big Bang Education CIC, we also run the Big Bang Programme, which includes the Big Bang Fair, Big Bang Near Me, Big Bang At School Fairs and the Big Bang UK Young Scientists and Engineers Competition.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect this information in order to:
- manage attendance at our activities
- learn more about how we can improve
- make sure we are giving all young people the opportunity to take part in engineering-inspiration activities
- help us understand whether everyone who takes part in our activities feel included.
How do we collect information about you?
We may collect information from you:
- when you register for one of our activities
- before, during or after one of our activities
This could be via surveys, interviews, focus groups or another type of data collection.
How do we use your information?
We will analyse your data and report on the findings in our evaluation reports. When we analyse or report the information you give us, we will always make sure that no one else can tell that it has come from you. In other words, your responses will be anonymous.
Do we share your information with anyone?
We will only share your information with the following:
- our parent company (EngineeringUK)
- our partners, such as those who deliver programmes on our behalf
- our funders
- externally-commissioned research agencies
This is so that we can monitor your attendance at one of our activities, process and analyse the responses you give in our evaluations, and demonstrate participation and impact of our work.
How do we store your information?
We store your information securely and only EngineeringUK, Big Bang Education CIC and any relevant partners, funders or externally-commissioned research agencies will have access to it.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your information for as long as we need it.
You have the right to view any of your information. You also have the right to make changes to or delete your information. For more information on your rights please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/