Join in with the University of Warwick
We will offer lots of different activities on our stand.
- We will have an electric racing car on display. Our team will discuss the specifics with the interested visitors. Young people (and grown-ups as well!) can sit in the car.
- We will have a virtual reality setup that you can use to "immerse" in the schematics of the car to appreciate the complexity of its components. Our team will guide you through the experience.
- You can also "look" into the materials used to build a racing car via FTIR spectroscopy (with a musical twist).
- You can try to generate power via a hand crank, to be compared with the power produced by solar panels that we will have on display.
- You can play a game of Plinko (with tokens we made) to understand how batteries work.
- More information
- Mechanical engineering/system processes
Core STEM Message
The Sun can provide all the energy we'll ever need - we just have to learn how to harness its power!
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Appreciate the untapped potential of solar power.
- Understand that we can and should move away from fossil fuels to embrace clean, renewable sources of energy.
- Realise that every STEM subject is involved into the quest toward a sustainable future